Describing feelings and emotions

Ðàçãîâîðû îá Àìåðèêå -> English Zone
::  
zhanna
Íîâè÷îê

: 05.10.2006
: 10

: , 5, 2006 9:20am     : Describing feelings and emotions

Hi everybody!I wanna have a talk about our feelings and emotions!So,if i have any mistakes in my theme,just let me know..ok? Ëó÷øå íå íàäî
Well,for improving our english we need to talk,talk and talk...
Please,guys create new different topics in this forum.It helps us to enlarge our vocabulary and english.So,actually i want to tell you about my feelings and emotions.I am a shy person,dont have a lot of friends!
I imagine how i am a sociable person.Maybe my horoscope depends on my character.I am a cancer.it says lots of things,right?
so lets discuss what to do if you have some problems with communication?
Êëàññíî! Ïðîôåññîð

: 10.03.2003
: 2452
: USA, New York City

: , 5, 2006 2:17pm     :

1) You should put space after punctuation signs.
2) Pronoun "I" is always capital in writing.
3) Shortened form from "do not" should be written as "don't" - apostrophe is essential.

Horoscope can not depend on the character, it's other way around - character depends on horoscope. If you are cancer.... well it means you should look for a scorpio. He wouldn't mind your shyness. Óëûáêà
    e-mail MSN Messenger
Debaser
Æèòåëü ôîðóìà

: 28.03.2003
: 941
: Cleveland, OH

: , 5, 2006 3:59pm     : Re: Describing feelings and emotions

Here we go...
zhanna ():
Hi everybody! I wanna have a talk about our feelings and emotions! So, if i have any mistakes in this topic, just let me know..ok? Ëó÷øå íå íàäî
Well, in order to improve our English we need to talk,talk, and talk...
Guys please create other new topics in this forum. It will help us to expand our vocabulary and improve our English. So, actually I want to tell you about my feelings and emotions. I am a shy person, I don't have a lot of friends!
I imagine how I am a sociable person {This sentence dose not make any sence, at least for me}. Maybe my horoscope depends on my character. My sign is Cancer. It says a lot about me (?), right?
So lets discuss what to do if you have some problems with communication?
Êëàññíî! Ïðîôåññîð

And please change your signature. You used English words, but it is still written in Russian. "I want to be in New York" or "I want to go to New York", or "I wanna go to New York" (if you are so inclined to use slang in written language) would make some sence.

: , 7, 2006 5:03am     :

White Owl ():
1) You should put space after punctuation signs.
2) Pronoun "I" is always capital in writing.
3) Shortened form from "do not" should be written as "don't" - apostrophe is essential.

Horoscope can not depend on the character, it's other way around - character depends on horoscope. If you are cancer.... well it means you should look for a scorpio. He wouldn't mind your shyness. Óëûáêà

Hi!thanks for your advice.I really appreciate it.So can you tell me something about NYC? Øèðîêàÿ óëûáêà
F.ex about the new-yorkers?

: , 7, 2006 5:08am     : Re: Describing feelings and emotions

Debaser ():
Here we go...
zhanna ():
Hi everybody! I wanna have a talk about our feelings and emotions! So, if i have any mistakes in this topic, just let me know..ok? Ëó÷øå íå íàäî
Well, in order to improve our English we need to talk,talk, and talk...
Guys please create other new topics in this forum. It will help us to expand our vocabulary and improve our English. So, actually I want to tell you about my feelings and emotions. I am a shy person, I don't have a lot of friends!
I imagine how I am a sociable person {This sentence dose not make any sence, at least for me}. Maybe my horoscope depends on my character. My sign is Cancer. It says a lot about me (?), right?
So lets discuss what to do if you have some problems with communication?
Êëàññíî! Ïðîôåññîð

And please change your signature. You used English words, but it is still written in Russian. "I want to be in New York" or "I want to go to New York", or "I wanna go to New York" (if you are so inclined to use slang in written language) would make some sence.

Thank you very much
Øèðîêàÿ óëûáêà Øèðîêàÿ óëûáêà Øèðîêàÿ óëûáêà Øèðîêàÿ óëûáêà
I know lots of things now.And i changed my signature! Äóìàþ

: , 7, 2006 5:09am     :

Give me please advice about my problem? Øîêèðîâàí Neutral Íå çíàþ

: 13.11.2003
: 1539
: NC, USA

: , 7, 2006 11:23pm     :

zhanna ():
And i changed my signature!

And it is still incorrect! "Wanna" is a slang for "want to", so it's either "I wanna" or "I want to", not " I wanna to". Also the slang words do not make your speach more "authentic", they just make you look, well, stupid and ill-mannered. (Sorry but you asked for it.)

zhanna ():
Give me please advice about my problem?

First, it's "Please give me..." (the word order in English is important). Second, you are asking for a favor, not asking a question, so question mark is not appropriate. Third, what exactly seems to be the problem here? You think that your shyness is a problem? Honestly, I wish some people would have more of this "problem". Äóìàþ Or the problem is that you don't have a lot of friends? Real friends are far and few in between and they don't care whether you are shy or bad with punctuation and grammar. Most of the time people who say (or think) they have a lot of friends really have no friends whatsoever. They just know a lot of people, that's all. Then they die poor and alone...
anuta
Æèòåëü ôîðóìà

: 02.11.2005
: 237
: Irkutsk-Daytona Beach-Philadelphia

: , 8, 2006 5:16am     :

I agree with Helen. I've been living in the USA for four and a half years so far and I've only made two truly good friends. Real friends are like gold; it is very hard to find them and if you did find them then do whatever it takes to keep them. Friendship also involves an ability and willingness to sacrifice; it is a "give and take relationship". I am myself a shy person but it didn't prevent me from making friends and tons of acquaintances. That said, be brave, explore the world and don't use your shyness as an excuse.
White Owl
Øòàòíûé çàíóäà

: , 9, 2006 1:25pm     :

anuta ():
That said, be brave, explore the world and don't use your shyness as an excuse.
Yep. Shyness is a very powerfull weapon if used correctly Óëûáêà
    e-mail MSN Messenger
anuta
Æèòåëü ôîðóìà

: , 10, 2006 4:48am     :

White Owl ():
anuta ():

Well, yes, it could be used that way. Of course, it does require the whole different level of sophistication. I have just finished reading an excerpt from 11 century novel by Lady Murasaki in which two Japanese gentlemen were lamenting about how it is so hard to find a right woman; in the beginning, they say "she is passive and gentle like a flower and the next thing you know she turns into a tiger..." Here you go, 11th century dilemma that is still of current concern to some people today Øèðîêàÿ óëûáêà
White Owl
Øòàòíûé çàíóäà

: , 10, 2006 1:52pm     :

anuta ():
White Owl ():
anuta ():

Well, yes, it could be used that way. Of course, it does require the whole different level of sophistication.
The more sophisticated the girl is - more intresting she is... Well, may be not for everyone, but that's true for me Óëûáêà

anuta ():
I have just finished reading an excerpt from 11 century novel by Lady Murasaki in which two Japanese gentlemen were lamenting about how it is so hard to find a right woman; in the beginning, they say "she is passive and gentle like a flower and the next thing you know she turns into a tiger..." Here you go, 11th century dilemma that is still of current concern to some people today Øèðîêàÿ óëûáêà
That is not a dilemma, that is just a description.
The real dilemma is who to choose - shabby or slender, blonde or brunette... that is a dilemma!
    e-mail MSN Messenger
anuta
Æèòåëü ôîðóìà

: , 11, 2006 1:18am     :

White Owl ():
anuta ():
White Owl ():
anuta ():

Well, yes, it could be used that way. Of course, it does require the whole different level of sophistication.
The more sophisticated the girl is - more intresting she is... Well, may be not for everyone, but that's true for me Óëûáêà

anuta ():
I have just finished reading an excerpt from 11 century novel by Lady Murasaki in which two Japanese gentlemen were lamenting about how it is so hard to find a right woman; in the beginning, they say "she is passive and gentle like a flower and the next thing you know she turns into a tiger..." Here you go, 11th century dilemma that is still of current concern to some people today Øèðîêàÿ óëûáêà
That is not a dilemma, that is just a description.
The real dilemma is who to choose - shabby or slender, blonde or brunette... that is a dilemma!

Of course, it goes without saying that their dilemma was who to choose. Do you go for a nice, quite and shy girl or you go for a more outspoken and free spirited girl. There is no way of telling how either of them will turn out. They also arrived at the conclusion that while the look is important it is not as important as the "inner beauty" of a girl.
Speaking of today's dilemma men face, well I don't see much of a problem here. You want a brunette? Make a girl you somewhat like to color her hair and suddenly she is a woman of your dream. Too fat? Send her to do a liposuction; the problem is solved Øèðîêàÿ óëûáêà
White Owl
Øòàòíûé çàíóäà

: , 11, 2006 1:13pm     :

anuta ():
Speaking of today's dilemma men face, well I don't see much of a problem here. You want a brunette? Make a girl you somewhat like to color her hair and suddenly she is a woman of your dream. Too fat? Send her to do a liposuction; the problem is solved Øèðîêàÿ óëûáêà
But you see, all that is a coercing. And coercing is never good for relationship.
Anyway, when I talked about dilemma, I meant: man first must decide who is his ideal woman. Is she blonde or is she brunette? Is she free spirit or is she conservative? THAT is a dilemma. After man solve it (usually with someone particular in mind) it is not a dilemma anymore, it become a challenge - to live with the one you choose as she is, or try to change her Óëûáêà
    e-mail MSN Messenger
anuta
Æèòåëü ôîðóìà

: , 11, 2006 10:14pm     :

White Owl ():
anuta ():
But you see, all that is a coercing. And coercing is never good for relationship.
Anyway, when I talked about dilemma, I meant: man first must decide who is his ideal woman. Is she blonde or is she brunette? Is she free spirit or is she conservative? THAT is a dilemma. After man solve it (usually with someone particular in mind) it is not a dilemma anymore, it become a challenge - to live with the one you choose as she is, or try to change her Óëûáêà

I came to believe that making someone to change is not a very good idea; it essentially creates lots of hatred and anger in both parties. You either accept a person for who she/he is or you don't. People aren't changing; of course, out of love they can do what you asked of them; they will mask or hide their dissatisfaction and anger but sooner or later they'll explode and "finita la comedia"

By the why, where is Zhanna? Why are we "discussing our feelings and emotions" and not she? Óëûáêà
White Owl
Øòàòíûé çàíóäà

: , 12, 2006 1:21pm     :

anuta ():
I came to believe that making someone to change is not a very good idea; it essentially creates lots of hatred and anger in both parties. You either accept a person for who she/he is or you don't. People aren't changing; of course, out of love they can do what you asked of them; they will mask or hide their dissatisfaction and anger but sooner or later they'll explode and "finita la comedia"
That's why I said "coercing is never good for relationship"

anuta ():
By the why, where is Zhanna? Why are we "discussing our feelings and emotions" and not she? Óëûáêà
She is too shy?
Zhanna, helloooooo?
    e-mail MSN Messenger
:   
           Ðàçãîâîðû îá Àìåðèêå -> English Zone : GMT
1 1