::  
Slava
ÍËÎ

: 10.03.2003
: 4182
: at this moment Stamford CT

: , 25, 2004 11:35am     :

Andrew ():

Tanya, I have one question about your salary at IEC, if it’s not a secret Óëûáêà Is it percents for every participant or what?

It's not nice to ask about sombody's salary Äóìàþ
tanyadov
Íîâè÷îê

: 02.04.2003
: 19
: Kiev

: , 25, 2004 4:17pm     :

Oh, that's okay, guys! Well, personally, I get a certain amount of money every month (like a usual salary) regardless of the number of applicants, while some offices have a totally different procedure - just like you said - they get percents from each applicant.
By the way, I was glad to read that you had a wonderful vacation after completion of the program at your camp. It's just I remember that you were worried about the fact that your camp was supposed to end that early, and you wouldn't have the place to stay. You could've actually come to my camp, just like I promised last spring, I talked to my camp director, and he said that it was fine for me to invite friends to work additional weeks at camp. My friend Yulia came over to my camp (because her camp ended early), and we had a blast together. So, all I am saying that you could have dropped me a line and come over. Anyways, it doesn't really matter now, I am really glad to hear you loved your summer.
By the way, are you coming back to your camp?
Personally, I L-O-V-E-D my summer, and I am soo coming back. Can't wait to see all of my friends, and all the kids. Camp USA is really the coolest program ever.
Oluna
Ïòèöà-Ãîâîðóí

: 07.03.2003
: 931
: Piter-Santa Clara, CA

: , 25, 2004 7:56pm     :

Ó ìåíÿ â÷åðà ïðèêîë áûë - íå ìîãëè ñ àíãëè÷àíêîé ðåøèòü, êàê ïðàâèëüíî ïèñàòü there is a lot of people or there are a lot of people - â èòîãå, ÷òîáû íå ìó÷èòüñÿ íàïèñàëè there are many people Óëûáêà Îáåùàëà â ñïðàâî÷íèêå ïîñìîòðåòü, êàê ïðàâèëüíî, ïîòîìó ÷òî çàïîìíèòü íå ìîæåò, êàê - ãîâîðèò - âñåãäà ìåíÿåò íà ÷òî-íèáóäü äðóãîå, æóðíàëèñò îäíèì ñëîâîì Óëûáêà

: 01.03.2003
: 10421
: Èðêóòñê, RU -> Los Angeles, US

: , 26, 2004 4:29am     :

Slava ():
It's not nice to ask about sombody's salary Äóìàþ

I know, but may be in future I will work like Tanya. Who know... Óëûáêà

Tanya, I remember last spring and your promise to ask your boss about work for me. Thanks! Óëûáêà

This summer I wanna try Work & Travel program, if everything will be ok with my visa...

: 2452
: USA, New York City

: , 26, 2004 3:08pm     :

Andrew ():
Who know... Óëûáêà

Who knows... Óëûáêà
    e-mail MSN Messenger
Andrew
Ãëàâíûé òðåïà÷

: , 26, 2004 3:10pm     :

White Owl ():
Andrew ():
Who know... Óëûáêà

Who knows... Óëûáêà

Thanks! Óëûáêà

: , 26, 2004 4:31pm     :

Oh, you are welcome Andrew, it's not a big deal. So this time you are going to try out Work and Travel, right? This is a really cool program, 'cause we had tons of applicants who applied for W&T this year.
And if you decide to work as a cooperator, I encourage you to do so. You will find out about lots of opportunities that you will be able to use in the nearest future. Also, you will have the latest update on all programs. And the last, but not the least - you will feel a whole lot of excitement that comes from applicants who are extremely stoked for the summer.

And Oluna, as far as "there is/are a lot of people" goes, the right way to say that is - "there are a lot of people", because "there is/are" always relates to the noun that comes after. In our case the noun "people" is plural, that's why we need to use "there are" accordingly.
Oluna
Ïòèöà-Ãîâîðóí

: , 26, 2004 5:07pm     :

tanyadov ():

And Oluna, as far as "there is/are a lot of people" goes, the right way to say that is - "there are a lot of people", because "there is/are" always relates to the noun that comes after. In our case the noun "people" is plural, that's why we need to use "there are" accordingly.

Åñòü ïîíÿòèÿ êàê íàäî, à åñòü êàê çâó÷èò - äâå áîëüøèå ðàçíèöû - âñå ãîâîðÿò there is. Òàê ÷òî âñå ïðàâèëà áàáêà íà äâîå ñêàçàëà Óëûáêà - âñå-òàêè íýòèâàì âèäíåå, îíè ìåíüøå óìíûõ êíèæåê ÷èòàþò Óëûáêà Ìåíÿ àìåðèêàíöû âñåãäà íà ñëóõ ïèñàòü ó÷èëè - êàê-òî ïîëó÷àåòñÿ, à ïðàâèëà íå çíàþ íè îäíîãî Óëûáêà Òàê ÷òî òåìà çàêðûòà - ÿ íè ïðàâèëà, íè îøèáêè íå îáñóæäàþ Óëûáêà

: , 26, 2004 5:24pm     :

tanyadov ():
So this time you are going to try out Work and Travel, right?

You are right, Tanya!

W&T participants have more freedom than if you work in Camp, I’m sure and it’s good chance to earn some money for travel across the US.

: 29.09.2003
: 171
: Piter, RUS

: , 26, 2004 5:35pm     :

Àðòåì ():
Andrew ():
Oluna ():
Paul ():
Andrew, I have a good idea: you can connect a LINGVO translator (lingvo.ru) to this E-Zone.
It's for better show of our minds. Êëàññíî

ps. Sorry for my poor english Ïîäêàëûâàþ

àãà, èëè îøèáêè ýòîãî ñàìîãî LINGVO - òû õîòü ÷èòàë, ÷òî ÎÍÎ ïåðåâîäèò?

I heard about a lot of mistakes of LINGVO. We don’t need a LINGVO, cause we have White Owl Êëàññíî Ïîäêàëûâàþ

Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green

Äëÿ ñïðàâêè:

* Âîîáùå-òî Lingvo - ýòî ïåðåâîä÷èê ñëîâ à íå ïðåäëîæåíèé.
* ß ïðåäëîæèë ïîäêëþ÷èòü ñëîâàðü äëÿ òîãî ÷òîáû áûëà âîçìîæíîñòü áûñòðî ïåðåâåñòè íåïîíÿòíîå ñëîâî, íå îáðàùàÿñü â êíèæíûé ñëîâàðü-ïåðåâîä÷èê...
* Ok.
ps. Ñïàñèáî Àðòåìó çà îòñóòñòâèå îòðèöàòåëüíîé ðåàêöèè íà ìîþ èäåþ! Ïîäêàëûâàþ

Ãëàâíûé òðåïà÷

: , 26, 2004 5:39pm     :

Paul ():
* Âîîáùå-òî Lingvo - ýòî ïåðåâîä÷èê ñëîâ à íå ïðåäëîæåíèé.

Yes, but Lingvo also has something about theory... I told about this.

: 05.09.2003
: 909
: Kazan, Ru

: , 26, 2004 5:43pm     :

OK, my turn to ask Óëûáêà Which is the best way to answer the question "L-vira Petruv, I guess?" - I am or Yes? Ñòûäíî

: 2452
: USA, New York City

: , 26, 2004 5:50pm     :

L-vira ():
OK, my turn to ask Óëûáêà Which is the best way to answer the question "L-vira Petruv, I guess?" - I am or Yes? Ñòûäíî

"You are correct" (c) Teal'c from TV serial SG-1
    e-mail MSN Messenger
Oluna
Ïòèöà-Ãîâîðóí

: , 26, 2004 5:50pm     :

L-vira ():

What's up, Man? Óëûáêà

: , 26, 2004 8:07pm     :

[quote="Oluna"]
tanyadov ():

Åñòü ïîíÿòèÿ êàê íàäî, à åñòü êàê çâó÷èò - äâå áîëüøèå ðàçíèöû - âñå ãîâîðÿò there is. Òàê ÷òî âñå ïðàâèëà áàáêà íà äâîå ñêàçàëà Óëûáêà - âñå-òàêè íýòèâàì âèäíåå, îíè ìåíüøå óìíûõ êíèæåê ÷èòàþò Óëûáêà Ìåíÿ àìåðèêàíöû âñåãäà íà ñëóõ ïèñàòü ó÷èëè - êàê-òî ïîëó÷àåòñÿ, à ïðàâèëà íå çíàþ íè îäíîãî Óëûáêà Òàê ÷òî òåìà çàêðûòà - ÿ íè ïðàâèëà, íè îøèáêè íå îáñóæäàþ Óëûáêà

Oluna, take it easy! I didn't mean to discuss your mistakes or anything. I thought you were just asking a question. That's all Øèðîêàÿ óëûáêà
Oluna
Ïòèöà-Ãîâîðóí

: , 26, 2004 8:10pm     :

[quote="tanyadov"]
Oluna ():
tanyadov ():

Oluna, take it easy! I didn't mean to discuss your mistakes or anything. I thought you were just asking a question. That's all Øèðîêàÿ óëûáêà

ïðè÷åì òóò ìîè îøèáêè - ÿ íå ïðî îøèáêó ïèñàëà (íåò íèêàêîé îøèáêè-òî) , à ïðî òî, ÷òî ìû òóò èñïðàâëÿåì, íî äåëàåì ýòî â ñèëó ñâîèõ "ó÷åáíèêîâûõ" çíàíèé, à ÿçûê-òî æèâîé - òàê ÷òî ñàìè àìåðèêàíöû íå çíàþò, êàê ÷òî è ãäå ïèøåòñÿ Óëûáêà

: 14.06.2003
: 2082
: Ulyanovsk, Russia

: , 26, 2004 8:16pm     :

Yes! I'm on-line, and i'm at home! My dial-up was failing for a long time. I had a little inet-time at University. But I read topics, really. So, it was a good idea to make this topic...
Will see...
Ãëàâíûé òðåïà÷

: , 27, 2004 4:13am     :

Oluna ():
L-vira ():

What's up, Man? Óëûáêà

Øèðîêàÿ óëûáêà

Hryusha (it will be international word soon Ïîäêàëûâàþ) always spoke “I am” to everybody when they call him “Yuriy!”. Sometimes Americans laughed about this. I don’t know why Óëûáêà

: 01.03.2004
: 15
: Ukraine, Kiev

: , 8, 2004 6:53pm     :

Hi!
Sorry for my long absence. I had some problems. But now all is fine (I think). Óëûáêà
When I’ve discovered this thread I was very glad.
It’s really good idea. I think it’s pretty good way to improve English skills.

P.S. I would be very appreciate if you will correct my errors. And I’ll try to correct yours (if you have no objection).
Darien Fawkes
Íîâè÷îê

: 18.04.2004
: 12

: , 24, 2004 12:55pm     :

Oluna ():
L-vira ():

What's up, Man? Óëûáêà

What does it mean "What's up, man"?
This opportunity comes once in a lifetime. Yo!
:   
           Ðàçãîâîðû îá Àìåðèêå -> English Zone : GMT
.  1, 2, 3  .
2 3